Skip to main content

Sepanx!

I really thought this is going to be easy.

I know letting go and saying good byes aren't my forte but with all the experiences i have been through, i thought i can get through this easily.

But no.

The teary and tantrum-filled goodbyes really broke my heart and been longing for understanding and looking for strategies how we can cope with this situation.



They say separation anxiety are only for babies. I can imagine how we've never matured in this aspect, or should i say, we've been really attached to one another and we are having a hard time being separated. I can imagine.

We were both afraid of-

  • losing each other (even though we knew that we are just a text or a phone call away)
  • being separated physically because we've been stick together for so long and we can't remember how it is to be alone or at least with someone else
  • not meeting again because of conflict of time and schedule

These are fears - FALSE EXPECTATIONS APPEARING REAL.
See, our fears, ain't true. We both know this is not the end of the world between us and surely, we'll see each other again. This is going to be a start of a new beginning between us and more stories to share.

It's hard dealing with separation anxiety on a day-to-day basis knowing how attached (in a major major way) we are to each other but as I look at the future, i know things are going to be better.

Hang in there, baby, everything will be alright.

I miss you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear and Forgiveness

It's my parent's 30th anniversary and our Brian's christening on Saturday where in spite busy schedule preparing everything for the visitors, i still think of Jacob.  I packed Beef Tapa and Pancit for him and even thinking of bringing him Salad for dessert.  We didn't have a good conversation after hours of waiting for him then he finally said we're not meeting up because he's not in the mood and he wants to stay at home and watch Initial D.  Then all of my insecurities and paranoia came out. I started thinking, just like what happened with Jeff, very similar indeed. He started confirming why he's sticking with me. He reminded me to stop counting the days and enjoy that we're together. I think his way of showing me that he likes me is seeing me everyday for dinner. Though i heard him said, "ano bang napapala ko pag pumupunta ko sayo? Kahit pagod ako nagpupunta pa din ako. Dapat maapreciate mo yun." I am not sure what that means but i just w...

The Mid-Year Crisis

I call it Mid-Year Crisis. And literally, this happens in the middle of the year. Have you been here: Anxious about the status of your career Panicky about your financial status which is directly correlated to your, uhuh, Career Forced to get married in the next two years because you're not getting any younger Fretting over time lost where you feel you've been completely unproductive yet you feel so tired and restless Pushing the panic button because at this month, you haven't really achieved anything from the goals you have listed at the start of this year Felt so alone and no one cares to listen because (a) You're too embarrassed to tell any of your friends (b) You know from past experiences that your friends won't care (c) They are also experiencing the same crisis Bring down the curtain and wind up that it is really hard to be successful in this life and it's just so hard to achieve your dreams so you better look for an alternative, Uhhmm, letting yourse...