Skip to main content

200 Pesos


I remember Mike, talking in front of 100 people, a couple of years ago, started off his seminar by holding up a Php200 bill. In the room he asked. "Who would like this Php200 bill?" Hands started going up. Of course, I raised mine. He said, "I am going to give this Php200 bill to one of you" Then crumpled the 200 bill. I was surprised he did that. He then asked. "Who still wants it?" Still the hands were up in the air and again, I raised mine. "Well," he replied, "what if I do this?" He dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his black shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?"

Still the hands went into the air and still, I wanted to get the Php200 bill.

"Folks, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease it's value. It was still worth Php200. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless; but no matter what happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value.

Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who love you. The worth of our lives comes, not in what we do or who we know, but by ... WHO WE ARE.

You are special - don't ever forget it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear and Forgiveness

It's my parent's 30th anniversary and our Brian's christening on Saturday where in spite busy schedule preparing everything for the visitors, i still think of Jacob.  I packed Beef Tapa and Pancit for him and even thinking of bringing him Salad for dessert.  We didn't have a good conversation after hours of waiting for him then he finally said we're not meeting up because he's not in the mood and he wants to stay at home and watch Initial D.  Then all of my insecurities and paranoia came out. I started thinking, just like what happened with Jeff, very similar indeed. He started confirming why he's sticking with me. He reminded me to stop counting the days and enjoy that we're together. I think his way of showing me that he likes me is seeing me everyday for dinner. Though i heard him said, "ano bang napapala ko pag pumupunta ko sayo? Kahit pagod ako nagpupunta pa din ako. Dapat maapreciate mo yun." I am not sure what that means but i just w...

The Mid-Year Crisis

I call it Mid-Year Crisis. And literally, this happens in the middle of the year. Have you been here: Anxious about the status of your career Panicky about your financial status which is directly correlated to your, uhuh, Career Forced to get married in the next two years because you're not getting any younger Fretting over time lost where you feel you've been completely unproductive yet you feel so tired and restless Pushing the panic button because at this month, you haven't really achieved anything from the goals you have listed at the start of this year Felt so alone and no one cares to listen because (a) You're too embarrassed to tell any of your friends (b) You know from past experiences that your friends won't care (c) They are also experiencing the same crisis Bring down the curtain and wind up that it is really hard to be successful in this life and it's just so hard to achieve your dreams so you better look for an alternative, Uhhmm, letting yourse...