Skip to main content

Fully Vaxxed

I didn't really wanna get vaccinated.  😨
Takot ako sa karayom! 💉

I've been reading several varying comments/reviews/opinions whether it is best to get vaccinated or not. We had to discuss within the family too, what would be our decision and next steps. I was concerned that there might be a severe reaction. I was actually afraid. 🤯

But having that fear made me curious and thought that maybe it's best to understand and get more education about it. I asked several friends in the medical field, friends who believe they should get and those who thought they shouldn't. I read many articles online from WHO to understand COVID-19 and how vaccine works - this is a good source you can also read.  (https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines/explainers) 💡

I came across an article from BBC and i can totally relate to it - 


There are 5Cs. 🆒️
Confidence: the person's trust in the vaccines efficacy and safety, the health services offering them, and the policy makers deciding on their rollout ▶️ True, the vaccines aren't gonna protect you from COVID-19 100%, you can still get the virus but this will lessen the impact and the symptoms you will experience.  

Complacency: whether or not the person considers the disease itself to be a serious risk to their health ▶️ A lot of us may think this is not serious, I can't say that to someone i know who lost his dad and son due to COVID-1, to the many people I know who battle and still battling the virus. 

Calculation: the individual's engagement in extensive information searching to weigh up the costs and benefits ▶️ We don't know what we don't know and we shouldn't believe everything in the internet. 

Constraints (or convenience): how easy it is for the person in question to access the vaccine ▶️ You need to sign up, fall in line, have patience in waiting and I guess, I can say, it's worth it. 

Collective responsibility: the willingness to protect others from infection, through one's own vaccination ▶️ THIS IS NOT FOR YOU ALONE BUT ALSO FOR THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU. All caps para intense. Haha. 

At the end of the day, no one's gonna force you to get vaxxed. It's up to you. 

I got mine. Argie got it. ❤
Our parents got 'em and we're still alive. 🥰💖

P.S. Thanks to Cebu City Government for the FREE Vaccine for myself and hubby. Thanks to Lapu-Lapu City Government for Nanay & Tatay's FREE Vaccine and thanks to Quezon City Government for Mama & Papa's FREE Vaccine.

Yup, FREE. You never really get something FREE nowadays so might as well grab it. 🆓️

Stay safe! 🍃

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear and Forgiveness

It's my parent's 30th anniversary and our Brian's christening on Saturday where in spite busy schedule preparing everything for the visitors, i still think of Jacob.  I packed Beef Tapa and Pancit for him and even thinking of bringing him Salad for dessert.  We didn't have a good conversation after hours of waiting for him then he finally said we're not meeting up because he's not in the mood and he wants to stay at home and watch Initial D.  Then all of my insecurities and paranoia came out. I started thinking, just like what happened with Jeff, very similar indeed. He started confirming why he's sticking with me. He reminded me to stop counting the days and enjoy that we're together. I think his way of showing me that he likes me is seeing me everyday for dinner. Though i heard him said, "ano bang napapala ko pag pumupunta ko sayo? Kahit pagod ako nagpupunta pa din ako. Dapat maapreciate mo yun." I am not sure what that means but i just w...

The Mid-Year Crisis

I call it Mid-Year Crisis. And literally, this happens in the middle of the year. Have you been here: Anxious about the status of your career Panicky about your financial status which is directly correlated to your, uhuh, Career Forced to get married in the next two years because you're not getting any younger Fretting over time lost where you feel you've been completely unproductive yet you feel so tired and restless Pushing the panic button because at this month, you haven't really achieved anything from the goals you have listed at the start of this year Felt so alone and no one cares to listen because (a) You're too embarrassed to tell any of your friends (b) You know from past experiences that your friends won't care (c) They are also experiencing the same crisis Bring down the curtain and wind up that it is really hard to be successful in this life and it's just so hard to achieve your dreams so you better look for an alternative, Uhhmm, letting yourse...