Skip to main content

What's Life After High School Life?

Thank you ate Virene for believing in me. It's an honor to share my story to your graduating class. Thank you. 🙏

When I was in 4th year HS, my English teacher told me, in front of the class, when I can't give comments about the book Romeo & Juliet, because I didn't read it and I couldn't speak English that time, "Allego, you will never become successful in your life because you don't know English!". 😭

I was stunned. That got into me. I was so intimidated of the English language and becoming successful in general. Because I believed my teacher. 👩‍🏫

Most of my College subjects were in Filipino. Komunikasyon I, II, III, 10, 100. Kasaysayan, Agham, Matematika. If I can skip English, i will. Until I can't because there's Broadcasting,  Speech and others. I made sure I pass all of them because I didn't wanna repeat it. 📚

Fast forward Nov of 2003 when I first applied in the Call Center Industry. I was told that it's an English Only zone and you can't respond Filipino during interviews.  I was again intimidated.  But i tried, i prepared myself, watched English movies, read English newspapers aloud, practiced English at home. My parents and brother were all supportive.  And then I passed. And the rest was history. 👩‍💻

I am not the best in English,  I have very limited vocabulary, and everyday I learn new words and I practice. Google and Merriam-Webster Dictionary are my best buds. 📕

Everyday is a learning experience for me and I strive to excel in it every opportunity.  😇

Thank you for reading up this point, I leave you with 2 things.

1) If at one point in your life, you were told, you will never succeed, don't believe them. They are dream stealers. Don't allow anyone to take your dreams from you. But thank them, for giving you encouragement,  and a chance to prove them you are right and you can be anyone you want yourself to be. 

2) Allow yourself to grow. You can fail, it's okay to fail. Failing is your first attempt in learning. So keep going.  Someone told me, fail fast, and fail cheap. 

I pray, one day, your dreams may come true. 🙏




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear and Forgiveness

It's my parent's 30th anniversary and our Brian's christening on Saturday where in spite busy schedule preparing everything for the visitors, i still think of Jacob.  I packed Beef Tapa and Pancit for him and even thinking of bringing him Salad for dessert.  We didn't have a good conversation after hours of waiting for him then he finally said we're not meeting up because he's not in the mood and he wants to stay at home and watch Initial D.  Then all of my insecurities and paranoia came out. I started thinking, just like what happened with Jeff, very similar indeed. He started confirming why he's sticking with me. He reminded me to stop counting the days and enjoy that we're together. I think his way of showing me that he likes me is seeing me everyday for dinner. Though i heard him said, "ano bang napapala ko pag pumupunta ko sayo? Kahit pagod ako nagpupunta pa din ako. Dapat maapreciate mo yun." I am not sure what that means but i just w...

Happy Birthday Argie!

I know I don’t always show it, but you are the best thing that ever happened to me. Let’s make your birthday the special celebration it should be, and I’ll remind you just how much you mean to me. Happy happy birthday! 😍😘🎂🎉🎁😃 posted from Bloggeroid