Skip to main content

One More Chance

It’s about how true love waits for, hopes for and needs one more chance…


The movie was shown a couple of years ago and I've seen it for the Nth time already. I should say that this movie has touched more than a million hearts and gave hope to a lot of broken relationship. The lines on this film are simply heart-warming and sometimes, heart-breaking.

The movie stars John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo from the huge TV hit “Maging Sino Ka Man” (Whoever You Are). And of course, because of my schedule, i didn't see the soap. I'll get a DVD and watch it then. :)


In a nutshell, it’s a love story of two people who are in a relationship for 5 years but she found out that she needs to end it to find herself. He begs her not to leave him but she didn’t listen. Then he moved on, but not without having a hard time trying to get her back first and then when nothing is working, he let her go. In the process of finding herself, she realized that she can’t go on living without him so she tried to get him back only to find out that someone else is taking care of him.


The dialogue lines are heart wrenching that left me sighing…


She said: “Ten years from now, do you think we will still be like this?”




He said: “11, 12, 13, 14 forever and ever!”


She said: “Promise?”


He said: “Promise!”


When love ends…


He said: “Five years, you will throw it just like that?”


She said: “I need to do this. You also need this.”


He said: “But, you are the one I need.”


She said: “I don’t even know if what I’m doing is right anymore, but what I know is that I need to end this.”


He said: “Basya, do you still love me?”


She said: “Popoy, I’m sorry…”


If you still can fix it, try, but if this is really what both of you need…then just be strong, it will be hard and painful but hopefully all the pain would be worth it…


How long should you hold on…


He said: “Five minutes…just five seconds…promise”! 1…2…3…4…please…5


How soon should you let go…


He said: “Bas…”


She said: “Popoy, this is Mark, my new officemate. Mark, this is Popoy.”


Mark: “Hi, I’m Mark.”


He said: “Not so nice to meet you. Why are you so dead-set in getting a new boyfriend?”


Mark: “Please, stop it”.


He said: “You’re just hunkier than me but you won’t be able to pinned me down!”


She said: “Popoy, please go home!”


He said: “I love you so much and it is so painful”!


——————————-


How do you move on…


when you realized that HE is still the one, but then he got someone new..


She said: “I am the one who wanted it, right? but why does it hurt so much?


She said: “The truth is, up to this day, I am still hoping that you’ll tell me that I am still the one, let me be the one, let me be your only one again.”


He said: “She loved me at my worst. You had me at my best and you chose to break my heart…”


For anyone who has loved and lost…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear and Forgiveness

It's my parent's 30th anniversary and our Brian's christening on Saturday where in spite busy schedule preparing everything for the visitors, i still think of Jacob.  I packed Beef Tapa and Pancit for him and even thinking of bringing him Salad for dessert.  We didn't have a good conversation after hours of waiting for him then he finally said we're not meeting up because he's not in the mood and he wants to stay at home and watch Initial D.  Then all of my insecurities and paranoia came out. I started thinking, just like what happened with Jeff, very similar indeed. He started confirming why he's sticking with me. He reminded me to stop counting the days and enjoy that we're together. I think his way of showing me that he likes me is seeing me everyday for dinner. Though i heard him said, "ano bang napapala ko pag pumupunta ko sayo? Kahit pagod ako nagpupunta pa din ako. Dapat maapreciate mo yun." I am not sure what that means but i just w...

The Mid-Year Crisis

I call it Mid-Year Crisis. And literally, this happens in the middle of the year. Have you been here: Anxious about the status of your career Panicky about your financial status which is directly correlated to your, uhuh, Career Forced to get married in the next two years because you're not getting any younger Fretting over time lost where you feel you've been completely unproductive yet you feel so tired and restless Pushing the panic button because at this month, you haven't really achieved anything from the goals you have listed at the start of this year Felt so alone and no one cares to listen because (a) You're too embarrassed to tell any of your friends (b) You know from past experiences that your friends won't care (c) They are also experiencing the same crisis Bring down the curtain and wind up that it is really hard to be successful in this life and it's just so hard to achieve your dreams so you better look for an alternative, Uhhmm, letting yourse...