Skip to main content

The Cafeteria and the Dormitory

2 years ago, we were invited by Mr. Go to have dinner in his 'Cafeteria' and an exclusive tour of the 'Dormitory'. 🏢

I enjoyed the dinner buffet and the tour around the amenities and rooms of the Dormitory. But more than that, I learned a lot from Mr. Go during my conversation with him. 💯

1. He values the people who works with. I am impressed when he told me that he didn't book a flight back to Manila at night (while the rest of his team is flying back at 11 last night) because it will be unfair for the driver to wake up in the middle of the night and travel just to pick him up. So he picked a morning flight instead. 🤗

2. He ate the last piece of sushi in the plate because 'sayang'. He doesn't want leftovers. And it's exactly what my parents taught me too. Finish what you put on your plate. 🍣

3. He told me to be friends with 'competitors' because you will also learn from them. 🙏

I really appreciate Mr. Go and his entire team for coming to Cebu and inviting us for dinner. I will cherish this experience and learnings forever! ❤




*****

Dusit Thani Mactan. A vibrant and inviting retreat blends Filipino warmth and Thai hospitality for a heavenly haven by the ocean at our hotel Mactan Cebu, Philippines resort.

On northern tip of the Punta Engaño Peninsula, Dusit Thani Mactan Cebu is easily accessible from the Mactan-Cebu International Airport by land and sea transport. Surrounded by tropical islands, natural, cultural and historic treasures are all within reach.

Guests relax in stylish rooms and suites, with gracious service, innovative cuisine, luxurious amenities and stunning views all on hand. 🛥


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear and Forgiveness

It's my parent's 30th anniversary and our Brian's christening on Saturday where in spite busy schedule preparing everything for the visitors, i still think of Jacob.  I packed Beef Tapa and Pancit for him and even thinking of bringing him Salad for dessert.  We didn't have a good conversation after hours of waiting for him then he finally said we're not meeting up because he's not in the mood and he wants to stay at home and watch Initial D.  Then all of my insecurities and paranoia came out. I started thinking, just like what happened with Jeff, very similar indeed. He started confirming why he's sticking with me. He reminded me to stop counting the days and enjoy that we're together. I think his way of showing me that he likes me is seeing me everyday for dinner. Though i heard him said, "ano bang napapala ko pag pumupunta ko sayo? Kahit pagod ako nagpupunta pa din ako. Dapat maapreciate mo yun." I am not sure what that means but i just w...

The Mid-Year Crisis

I call it Mid-Year Crisis. And literally, this happens in the middle of the year. Have you been here: Anxious about the status of your career Panicky about your financial status which is directly correlated to your, uhuh, Career Forced to get married in the next two years because you're not getting any younger Fretting over time lost where you feel you've been completely unproductive yet you feel so tired and restless Pushing the panic button because at this month, you haven't really achieved anything from the goals you have listed at the start of this year Felt so alone and no one cares to listen because (a) You're too embarrassed to tell any of your friends (b) You know from past experiences that your friends won't care (c) They are also experiencing the same crisis Bring down the curtain and wind up that it is really hard to be successful in this life and it's just so hard to achieve your dreams so you better look for an alternative, Uhhmm, letting yourse...