Skip to main content

God Gives Opportunities

Have you seen "Evan Almighty"? 

Image result for evan almighty



Yeah, it's an old old film. It's a 2007 fantasy/religious/comedy film about a Newscaster who won a seat in the Congress and God asks him to create an ark to prepare for a flood. It's not best movie Steve Carrell I would say has done but there are a few things I wanted to share with you that I have learned.

I remember from the movie when God mentioned, when you pray to have patience, God won't give you patience but an opportunity to be patient instead. If you pray to have time with your family, God won't give you extra hours but an opportunity to be with your family.

We have to realize that this has been the opportunity we were praying for.

For years I have been praying and praying for a lot of opportunities, these are examples -

1. Time with my family
2. Catch up with some friends
3. Work not to please people but to glorify God
4. To start my own family

Of course God won't give me those prayers directly. And what He does is to give an opportunity to make these wishes and prayers come true. He definitely won't give me an extra 24 hours I can spend time with my family, have lunch or dinner with them, watch movie and shop with them, No! Hell No! Of course He won't. What He does is to teach me to prioritize things and schedule my activities and identify a time that I can be with them.



It's the same thing when I ask for a time that I spend with my friends. He will create an opportunity that I reach and contact them. A time to keep in touch and schedule activities. At the end of the day, God just gave me an opportunity to do things that I've been wanting to do.

I remember ore than eight years ago, when I was looking for a job, I've been praying for a job that I can please God and not my Boss. Then I was reminded of
Colossians 3:23-24 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 
It was an opportunity for me to realize that if our work should be a sacrifice unto God and we should work hard, not for the praise of man or your Boss but for the praise of God Almighty! Wouldn’t that just change your whole perception of work? It changed mine!



For years, I have been praying for relationship breakthroughs. Praying that my GPM 'God's Perfect Man' would arrive. When I had a broken heart in 2014 from a 3.5 years of relationship, I thought I was totally broken, it made me realize that God was just preparing me for something or someone that's just perfect for me.

So I had an opportunity to meet someone in Tinder 3 years ago and little did I realize that it is the beginning of a new opportunity and a new Chapter of my life. 

Image result for tinder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear and Forgiveness

It's my parent's 30th anniversary and our Brian's christening on Saturday where in spite busy schedule preparing everything for the visitors, i still think of Jacob.  I packed Beef Tapa and Pancit for him and even thinking of bringing him Salad for dessert.  We didn't have a good conversation after hours of waiting for him then he finally said we're not meeting up because he's not in the mood and he wants to stay at home and watch Initial D.  Then all of my insecurities and paranoia came out. I started thinking, just like what happened with Jeff, very similar indeed. He started confirming why he's sticking with me. He reminded me to stop counting the days and enjoy that we're together. I think his way of showing me that he likes me is seeing me everyday for dinner. Though i heard him said, "ano bang napapala ko pag pumupunta ko sayo? Kahit pagod ako nagpupunta pa din ako. Dapat maapreciate mo yun." I am not sure what that means but i just w...

The Mid-Year Crisis

I call it Mid-Year Crisis. And literally, this happens in the middle of the year. Have you been here: Anxious about the status of your career Panicky about your financial status which is directly correlated to your, uhuh, Career Forced to get married in the next two years because you're not getting any younger Fretting over time lost where you feel you've been completely unproductive yet you feel so tired and restless Pushing the panic button because at this month, you haven't really achieved anything from the goals you have listed at the start of this year Felt so alone and no one cares to listen because (a) You're too embarrassed to tell any of your friends (b) You know from past experiences that your friends won't care (c) They are also experiencing the same crisis Bring down the curtain and wind up that it is really hard to be successful in this life and it's just so hard to achieve your dreams so you better look for an alternative, Uhhmm, letting yourse...