Skip to main content

Food Trip - Cebu


Travel Dates: September 12 - 13 , 2014

I haven't been to these places and it pays to have a review. Of course great food tastes better when shared with good people. Right?



Lantaw - A Filipino restaurant located in Cordova, Mactan, Cebu. Phone 032-514-2959 / 09236522270 / 09998502707 / 09273151695
You can feel the breeze of the air and the waves in the ocean - while eating. Yeah. I find it really exciting until I get to experience my "bad hair day" moment because of the air and feeling a little comfortable and my sea sickness kicking in, but yeah, the entire experience was new to me and the food is really amazing! 8 out 10!

Fudge - They say they are the best boutique pastry shop in Cebu. Featuring unique and authentic food, highlighting sinfully delicious desserts. Fudge... surrender to temptation. Located in 888 AS Fortun Street, Cebu City  Phone (032) 4161727 Email fudgeresto@gmail.com

We ordered the Ice Cream Cake, it has layers of choco, merengue, peanut butter, more chocolate and vanilla ice cream. It was sounding really interesting to me primarily because of the peanut butter. Yeah! Peanut butter lover out here! I will rate this 8 out of 10. While this is really a good dessert, i feel that it could have had more peanut butter right there. Yeah, i told you, peanut butter lover it is!

But what the FUDGE?! They're lava cake is indeed sinful! Yes, it takes 25 minutes for preparation but geez, the wait is all worth it! The lava cake is waaaay better Chilli's and any other lava cake I have ever tasted! 10 out of 10! 

La Vie Parisienne - They are the first French Boulangerie, Pastry Shop & Wine Library in Cebu. A great overview of tasty french wines and products. Located at 371 Gorordo Avenue, Lahug 6000 Cebu City Phone (032) 260 4388  Email lavieparisienne@hotmail.com

The place is so fascinating and if only I am living in Cebu, I would have stayed there daily - after work for breakfast (i work in GY shift), their breads and pastries would have been great with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate. In the afternoon or evening before work, the place would have been awesome for a short read with  a cup of coffee. Weekend after - dinner hang out with Argie. It would have been a romantic venue for two lovers to hang out, chat, talk about life and it's beauty. Argie and Victor were even talking about the place as either a wedding proposal venue, pre-nup or the reception itself!

I love the strawberry and apple wine the 2 boys picked from the wine library. The Hawaii Pizza was really awesome too, except it was a little messy to eat. I'd still give it a 10! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear and Forgiveness

It's my parent's 30th anniversary and our Brian's christening on Saturday where in spite busy schedule preparing everything for the visitors, i still think of Jacob.  I packed Beef Tapa and Pancit for him and even thinking of bringing him Salad for dessert.  We didn't have a good conversation after hours of waiting for him then he finally said we're not meeting up because he's not in the mood and he wants to stay at home and watch Initial D.  Then all of my insecurities and paranoia came out. I started thinking, just like what happened with Jeff, very similar indeed. He started confirming why he's sticking with me. He reminded me to stop counting the days and enjoy that we're together. I think his way of showing me that he likes me is seeing me everyday for dinner. Though i heard him said, "ano bang napapala ko pag pumupunta ko sayo? Kahit pagod ako nagpupunta pa din ako. Dapat maapreciate mo yun." I am not sure what that means but i just w...

The Mid-Year Crisis

I call it Mid-Year Crisis. And literally, this happens in the middle of the year. Have you been here: Anxious about the status of your career Panicky about your financial status which is directly correlated to your, uhuh, Career Forced to get married in the next two years because you're not getting any younger Fretting over time lost where you feel you've been completely unproductive yet you feel so tired and restless Pushing the panic button because at this month, you haven't really achieved anything from the goals you have listed at the start of this year Felt so alone and no one cares to listen because (a) You're too embarrassed to tell any of your friends (b) You know from past experiences that your friends won't care (c) They are also experiencing the same crisis Bring down the curtain and wind up that it is really hard to be successful in this life and it's just so hard to achieve your dreams so you better look for an alternative, Uhhmm, letting yourse...