Skip to main content

The Mid - Year Crisis


I call it Mid - Year Crisis.

And literally, this happens in the middle of the year.

Have you been here:

Anxious about the status of your career

Panicky about your financial status which is directly correlated to your, uhuh, Career

Forced to get married in the next two years because you're not getting any younger

Fretting over time lost where you feel you've been completely unproductive yet you feel so tired and restless

Pushing the panic button because at this month, you haven't really achieved anything from the goals you have listed at the start of this year

Felt so alone and no one cares to listen because (a) You're too embarrassed to tell any of your friends (b) You know from past experiences that your friends won't care (c) They are also experiencing the same crisis

Bring down the curtain and wind up that it is really hard to be successful in this life and it's just so hard to achieve your dreams so you better look for an alternative, Uhhmm, letting yourself off the hook.

Yes, I have been there. I recently posted a shout out in my Facebook Wall asking why a lot of people seems to be emotional, problematic or sad lately. This is probably because they are experiencing the same dilemma I was going through.

It was ridiculous really. And I knew it was insane. I talked to my mom whining about how my life went for the x number of years of my existence. She too knew I was being absurd.

And even though I was entwining my insanity, and this has been causing me a lot of hardship and pain, this mid-year crisis was sort of an experience for me.

I realized I've been becoming hard on myself. And this experience got me back in my feet. This is a realization that

"Hey, it's not the end of the world, things happen for a reason. You know that. And you know too, that everything's gonna fall into place. And as they always say, these too shall pass."

I don't like you to experience the mid-year crisis. It can be risky. You may have a hard time recovering. You may actually think and believe your own insanity. Tsk. That's not good.

But I do recommend you to check back with yourself and find out what's causing these issues. Stop being complacent and comfortable, do not be too hard on yourself and bring back the focus in the completeness of your destiny.

Look at your goals.
See if your behavior matches your goal.

This is the perfect time and not just because it's the middle of the year or half of the year has passed already, NOW is always the perfect time.

So what do you have in mind to make the rest of the year marvelous? It's never too late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear and Forgiveness

It's my parent's 30th anniversary and our Brian's christening on Saturday where in spite busy schedule preparing everything for the visitors, i still think of Jacob.  I packed Beef Tapa and Pancit for him and even thinking of bringing him Salad for dessert.  We didn't have a good conversation after hours of waiting for him then he finally said we're not meeting up because he's not in the mood and he wants to stay at home and watch Initial D.  Then all of my insecurities and paranoia came out. I started thinking, just like what happened with Jeff, very similar indeed. He started confirming why he's sticking with me. He reminded me to stop counting the days and enjoy that we're together. I think his way of showing me that he likes me is seeing me everyday for dinner. Though i heard him said, "ano bang napapala ko pag pumupunta ko sayo? Kahit pagod ako nagpupunta pa din ako. Dapat maapreciate mo yun." I am not sure what that means but i just w...

The Mid-Year Crisis

I call it Mid-Year Crisis. And literally, this happens in the middle of the year. Have you been here: Anxious about the status of your career Panicky about your financial status which is directly correlated to your, uhuh, Career Forced to get married in the next two years because you're not getting any younger Fretting over time lost where you feel you've been completely unproductive yet you feel so tired and restless Pushing the panic button because at this month, you haven't really achieved anything from the goals you have listed at the start of this year Felt so alone and no one cares to listen because (a) You're too embarrassed to tell any of your friends (b) You know from past experiences that your friends won't care (c) They are also experiencing the same crisis Bring down the curtain and wind up that it is really hard to be successful in this life and it's just so hard to achieve your dreams so you better look for an alternative, Uhhmm, letting yourse...