Skip to main content

10 Most Inspiring Women of Concentrix

Joan Villaceran, my top Team Leader has nominated me to have this prestigious award. Such a humbling experience.
_
In celebration of International Women's Month last March, Concentrix Philippines launched a nationwide search for its' 10 MOST INSPIRING WOMEN for 2015.

Guess who made it to the cut?

Read on as Joan Villaceran talks and writes about some memorable anecdotes and why in the age of pop culture superstars, one need not look further and farther to find their personal heroes.
_

A TRUE TRAILBLAZER


She's no Beyonce nor Oprah Winfrey or someone who saved another one from death. But after I tell more about her and the things she has achieved and the valuable lessons she has generously given me, you will agree with me no doubt that she's no Marvel superhero- but a true blue, kick ass fireball of a person. And she's all woman.

Like the rest of us, she started in this industry as an agent, gradually inching her way up to become a Quality Specialist, a Team Lead, an Operations Manager, a Senior Operations Manager and this month, as a Delivery Project Executive.

I started working with her way back in IBM for CITIBANK Australia where my first face to face encounter with her came about with my IJP interview. There she was, in simple jeans and shirt holding my CV, while I stood in a corner, all dressed and made up, I felt I was a hard sell. I certainly cringe at that memory, but I also realized that she may have imparted with me lesson no. 1- an exercise in humility.

Lesson no.2 came in 4 years after she gave me an opportunity to work with her as a direct report. This time, I was her Subject Matter Expert where she delegated tasks that seemed too impossible to realize. Not only did she challenge me and put me up against what seemed to be an impenetrable wall, but she also taught me the value of resiliency. To be able to adjust to different situations, to learn how to take the curve balls that life may throw at me -but never, never be afraid to throw in my own Pacquiao punch if needed- and that's lesson no.3- courage.

In a world that still has to learn to celebrate diversity and curtail double standards, her promotion is not only a testament of her incredible abilities as a leader but also as a resounding and an inspiring message that yes, women have their own place under the sun. I think that before women found their voices, she was already honing her own. And before women had their "wings" , she was already dreaming on how she can fly to the moon and to the stars.

Every day, when I sit on my chair and start my own work, I think of her and the tremendous impact she has made on me-like a hand print. I smile and say to myself that I too can make it happen.

Because Jethsel Mazo Allego-Salado, DPE, made it happen.




posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear and Forgiveness

It's my parent's 30th anniversary and our Brian's christening on Saturday where in spite busy schedule preparing everything for the visitors, i still think of Jacob.  I packed Beef Tapa and Pancit for him and even thinking of bringing him Salad for dessert.  We didn't have a good conversation after hours of waiting for him then he finally said we're not meeting up because he's not in the mood and he wants to stay at home and watch Initial D.  Then all of my insecurities and paranoia came out. I started thinking, just like what happened with Jeff, very similar indeed. He started confirming why he's sticking with me. He reminded me to stop counting the days and enjoy that we're together. I think his way of showing me that he likes me is seeing me everyday for dinner. Though i heard him said, "ano bang napapala ko pag pumupunta ko sayo? Kahit pagod ako nagpupunta pa din ako. Dapat maapreciate mo yun." I am not sure what that means but i just w...

The Mid-Year Crisis

I call it Mid-Year Crisis. And literally, this happens in the middle of the year. Have you been here: Anxious about the status of your career Panicky about your financial status which is directly correlated to your, uhuh, Career Forced to get married in the next two years because you're not getting any younger Fretting over time lost where you feel you've been completely unproductive yet you feel so tired and restless Pushing the panic button because at this month, you haven't really achieved anything from the goals you have listed at the start of this year Felt so alone and no one cares to listen because (a) You're too embarrassed to tell any of your friends (b) You know from past experiences that your friends won't care (c) They are also experiencing the same crisis Bring down the curtain and wind up that it is really hard to be successful in this life and it's just so hard to achieve your dreams so you better look for an alternative, Uhhmm, letting yourse...