Skip to main content

Responding to Interpersonal Conflict




I am rebuked lately on humility and pride. All the while I thought that I have been humbled by God's wisdom and His grace. Because (I thought) I was so careful with how I speak to others, how I deal with people and how I respond to questions and concerns, (I thought) I will never have any issues with anyone. I was wrong.

Recently in the office, I was asked by my boss to transition to another program. The program was a little tenured and have been with our company for over 2 years now. I was asked to speak to the current manager to understand the situation of the program - why are they failing, what help do they need, what's the current scenario, etc. I did that. I thought, I had a good conversation with the current manager but never did I realized, I made her offended and felt so insecure about me and my intent.

I won't elaborate anymore but the situation saddens me that I made someone felt so bad and angry at me. I wasn't expecting that. I have been thinking about it for several days and how to react to situation. I know God is trying to teach me a lesson.

Chris' article made me realize on how exactly I would react and what I am supposed to do on this situation.

It might also help you.





Responding to Interpersonal Conflict
by Chris Esty on June 17, 2012

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another just as God has forgiven you in Christ. (Ephesians 4:32)"
Compassion is the answer to interpersonal conflict; it fills the gap anger creates, mending the wounds of the brokenhearted. It’s easy to get angry and fight back when we have been wronged, but retaliation often fosters devastating consequences, making matters worse.

Jesus never commanded us to crush our enemies, but to become an expression of His love to them. Do you want to draw people to God? You will not accomplish that by holding a grudge against them, but only by walking in the light as God is in the light. Strive to be as compassionate to others as God has been to you, and you will produce much fruit to His glory.

You didn’t receive the gospel only to be forgiven, but to show others what forgiveness looks like.

© Chris S. Esty

Comments

  1. You have once offended me but after reading this.. it made me realize that maybe your intention is different...God is good for I was able to see this during the time that I needed some answers... I have already forgiven you...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fear and Forgiveness

It's my parent's 30th anniversary and our Brian's christening on Saturday where in spite busy schedule preparing everything for the visitors, i still think of Jacob.  I packed Beef Tapa and Pancit for him and even thinking of bringing him Salad for dessert.  We didn't have a good conversation after hours of waiting for him then he finally said we're not meeting up because he's not in the mood and he wants to stay at home and watch Initial D.  Then all of my insecurities and paranoia came out. I started thinking, just like what happened with Jeff, very similar indeed. He started confirming why he's sticking with me. He reminded me to stop counting the days and enjoy that we're together. I think his way of showing me that he likes me is seeing me everyday for dinner. Though i heard him said, "ano bang napapala ko pag pumupunta ko sayo? Kahit pagod ako nagpupunta pa din ako. Dapat maapreciate mo yun." I am not sure what that means but i just w...

The Mid-Year Crisis

I call it Mid-Year Crisis. And literally, this happens in the middle of the year. Have you been here: Anxious about the status of your career Panicky about your financial status which is directly correlated to your, uhuh, Career Forced to get married in the next two years because you're not getting any younger Fretting over time lost where you feel you've been completely unproductive yet you feel so tired and restless Pushing the panic button because at this month, you haven't really achieved anything from the goals you have listed at the start of this year Felt so alone and no one cares to listen because (a) You're too embarrassed to tell any of your friends (b) You know from past experiences that your friends won't care (c) They are also experiencing the same crisis Bring down the curtain and wind up that it is really hard to be successful in this life and it's just so hard to achieve your dreams so you better look for an alternative, Uhhmm, letting yourse...