Skip to main content

Musings #3

    Na-miss ko magsulat and there are a lot of things going through my mind lately.
 
  • Will I achieve 8 of 8 critical metrics this month?
  • How will I ever manage to pass all BPMS requirements considering I have to do a lot of pull outs for training and coaching and I want to make sure that my agents are well abreast - since because I want 8 of 8 achieved? 
  • BCP, again? Yeah, Dec 4th and it's a client mandate. No choice. 
  • IIAR, KCO Testing, Audit, Audit, Audit. 
  • Will I finally get promoted? 
  • What was the purpose of me staying in AU where all of them left already and all I get is blame and dissatisfaction of what has happened and what I have done. I feel so ineffective when these happen and lost about my goal. 
  • What was my goal, in the first place?

I lost it. 

I exactly remember back in September last year, when I was setting goal for myself, I kept on saying, my goal is to meet someone I can be with, prolly not for the rest of my life, but someone I can talk to and someone I can hang out with. 

And remember those slum notes we kept on passing around year on year? (as if answers change when we were asked, "what is love?" and "who is your crush?") I keep on saying "I just want someone I can talk to and someone I can hang out with. 

I wonder and keep on thinking if indeed, that's what I want. Not a promotion. I am not sure. Still exploring. One thing for sure though, despite that I feel a bit sad about all 8 Managers leaving AU for their own reasons, I am happy for them and I wish them all the best with their endeavors in life. I look forward to going to work everyday, because I want to know how's Micah (Carrie's daughter), find out what happened to Eileen and Ron, how's Tet coping with all her learnings, how's Lei's adjusting with her new Apprentice role, what's in Jam's mind today, what's Qtie and Recca's ulam, Kris' love story, and all other thoughts that my team can share. I look forward to every single day.

I am excited to go to work everyday because I look forward to seeing Jacob after shift, have dinner, coffee, or what not, share stuff and plans together, and stories together. 


Sweet.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear and Forgiveness

It's my parent's 30th anniversary and our Brian's christening on Saturday where in spite busy schedule preparing everything for the visitors, i still think of Jacob.  I packed Beef Tapa and Pancit for him and even thinking of bringing him Salad for dessert.  We didn't have a good conversation after hours of waiting for him then he finally said we're not meeting up because he's not in the mood and he wants to stay at home and watch Initial D.  Then all of my insecurities and paranoia came out. I started thinking, just like what happened with Jeff, very similar indeed. He started confirming why he's sticking with me. He reminded me to stop counting the days and enjoy that we're together. I think his way of showing me that he likes me is seeing me everyday for dinner. Though i heard him said, "ano bang napapala ko pag pumupunta ko sayo? Kahit pagod ako nagpupunta pa din ako. Dapat maapreciate mo yun." I am not sure what that means but i just w...

The Mid-Year Crisis

I call it Mid-Year Crisis. And literally, this happens in the middle of the year. Have you been here: Anxious about the status of your career Panicky about your financial status which is directly correlated to your, uhuh, Career Forced to get married in the next two years because you're not getting any younger Fretting over time lost where you feel you've been completely unproductive yet you feel so tired and restless Pushing the panic button because at this month, you haven't really achieved anything from the goals you have listed at the start of this year Felt so alone and no one cares to listen because (a) You're too embarrassed to tell any of your friends (b) You know from past experiences that your friends won't care (c) They are also experiencing the same crisis Bring down the curtain and wind up that it is really hard to be successful in this life and it's just so hard to achieve your dreams so you better look for an alternative, Uhhmm, letting yourse...