Skip to main content

Hope is the Thing with Feathers



by Emily Dickinson

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chilliest land
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

***

I first encounteres this poem in grade school.
I won't forget Row 2 and the rest of my Rowmates every time I remember this poem. :)
They say that to be without hope surely means to have given up on life.
Many people live in extremely challenging situations, leading hard lives in appalling conditions. What keeps people going in such circumstances is the glimmer of hope that things can change.


This is all I got too.
My faith has been challenged and my confidence has been put through the wringer
Yet I know someday, it'll make perfect sense.

Hope is a free gift.
It exists for all of us.
All we must do is not clip the wings of hope and let it fly and sing freely.
Its song can be heard over the strangest seas, coldest lands, and in the worst storms.
It is a song that never ends as long as we do not let it.

Comments

  1. Someone wrote a message to me named "Jettie" and I am amazed how this poem has reminded her to be hopeful. :)

    *Happy*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elsie's 60th Birthday Celebration

Planning a DIY Surprise Birthday Celebration wasn't easy. That's when you will experience a lot of stress, challenges, drama and all other hindrances you can think of. BUT, overcoming is going to be the most gratifying feeling you could ever have! So, I am sharing with you some of the things I have been through and the things I took note of in planning my mom's 60th birthday. I know you might be struggling too, hopefully this article would give you a little of idea on what the next steps are. So sit back, relax and read on! Step 1: Get a venue. Depending on how many guests you are planning to invite, you can reserve a function room that can accommodate all your guests. You can consider getting a room with consumable food and drinks to save money. I have thought of Shangri-La Chinese Restaurant in West Ave. - I didn't like it there because parking space was shared with Kownloon House, so next. Cabalen Restaurant in West Ave has a wide selection of food choices, ...

Happy Birthday Argie!

I know I don’t always show it, but you are the best thing that ever happened to me. Let’s make your birthday the special celebration it should be, and I’ll remind you just how much you mean to me. Happy happy birthday! 😍😘🎂🎉🎁😃 posted from Bloggeroid