Skip to main content

374 Days in Cebu and Counting...

By Jethsel Allego

Moving out to Cebu is a noteworthy experience.

For ePerformax, my desire to move out is to help out on the expansion and the implementation of the Company, to make sure that we deliver Xcellent Quality to our clients by using its proven Performance Maximization Model.

For me; it is a challenge and a new beginning. Leaving home was a big step. Alongside freedom come new responsibilities. Not only will you have to do all your own chores, you’ll also need to learn how to pay for your newfound independence too.

BEING INDEPENDENT

I learned that there’s only one person whom you can always depend on – yourself. Living alone wasn’t that easy. It’s a choice, a sacrifice and a commitment. You cook your own food, you wash your own clothes, you wash your own dishes and the hardest part of all, you need to budget your money to catch up with all your bills and payables. Couple that with your kindness and goodness supporting your family. Bread-winner as they say.

I have started doing the things that I never thought I’d do and those things I thought I can’t do. I started stepping up to the plate not only in my job but also in my own personal life.

I have known myself better and I have started to have fun by myself. I was able to finish those series that I’ve been dying to watch for, books to end up reading and articles to wrap up writing. I was able to identify what I really wanted and what I wanted to become.

PASSION QUEEN

As a “Queen”, we all need to make MAJOR commitments to our craft, to our passion. Something that we are excited about and something that you will actually defend regardless of whatever challenge you may encounter. Moving out to Cebu is one decision that I had to think a million times. I can certainly understand the risk of leaving your family and friends to face another challenge of your life. Dealing with problems by your own, adapting to culture and learning the people.

You need to maintain your composure. To be inevitable person for those around you at work and at home, it is essential that you are able to maintain your composure when you feel like your 'buttons' are being pushed. This strength will help you to achieve your goals in business as well as your goals for your personal relationships.


ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS

Just keep on going. It is not that hard but it wasn’t that easy either. Wherever you are, wherever you go, there must always be some obstacles. Be it in Cebu or in Manila, if there will be some hitch, then, there will be. You know, you don’t have to get it right; you just have to keep on going. Col Sanders of KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) didn’t stop up to his 110th attempt of selling his Lola’s recipe of chicken. Look at him now, and his famous Finger-lickin’ good masterpiece. True. It wasn’t perfect. I have had my share of anxiety, struggle, no-win situations, setback, and breakdown moments as if I wanted to come clattering down and hand in my notice. Cebu is not my terrain and I may have been a victim of the so-called racial discrimination or of my own insecurities or coyness, but that didn’t stop me from exploring and loving Cebu; and that didn’t hinder me from performing, delivering the results and achieving my goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear and Forgiveness

It's my parent's 30th anniversary and our Brian's christening on Saturday where in spite busy schedule preparing everything for the visitors, i still think of Jacob.  I packed Beef Tapa and Pancit for him and even thinking of bringing him Salad for dessert.  We didn't have a good conversation after hours of waiting for him then he finally said we're not meeting up because he's not in the mood and he wants to stay at home and watch Initial D.  Then all of my insecurities and paranoia came out. I started thinking, just like what happened with Jeff, very similar indeed. He started confirming why he's sticking with me. He reminded me to stop counting the days and enjoy that we're together. I think his way of showing me that he likes me is seeing me everyday for dinner. Though i heard him said, "ano bang napapala ko pag pumupunta ko sayo? Kahit pagod ako nagpupunta pa din ako. Dapat maapreciate mo yun." I am not sure what that means but i just w...

The Mid-Year Crisis

I call it Mid-Year Crisis. And literally, this happens in the middle of the year. Have you been here: Anxious about the status of your career Panicky about your financial status which is directly correlated to your, uhuh, Career Forced to get married in the next two years because you're not getting any younger Fretting over time lost where you feel you've been completely unproductive yet you feel so tired and restless Pushing the panic button because at this month, you haven't really achieved anything from the goals you have listed at the start of this year Felt so alone and no one cares to listen because (a) You're too embarrassed to tell any of your friends (b) You know from past experiences that your friends won't care (c) They are also experiencing the same crisis Bring down the curtain and wind up that it is really hard to be successful in this life and it's just so hard to achieve your dreams so you better look for an alternative, Uhhmm, letting yourse...